Are we Kiasu?
Had lunch with Sharon 2 weeks ago at Hans. We were, as usual, talking about our kids and I told her that we have written in to NYPS for parent voluntary service and she stared at me with her big eyes and said: "aiyo, so you are one of those kiasu parent ar!!!"
Are we really kiasu?
I think a good headstart is important. A good learning environment will provide immense nurturing opportunities which is so crucial as they embark on their learning journey. NYPS is no doubt a coveted school cos even the ministers kids are there hahhahaa . If I am kiasu by any standard, I would be sending Ian to all sorts of classes by now .... but we are not.
Childhood is precious and we want him to enjoy every second of it. Learning is never force fed for Ian ... I strongly believe that learning will be a breeze if he is truly interested in it.
Excerpt from an article I read which I agree totally:
"The caveat is that the child should be a willing and interested participant, not one dragged kicking and screaming to supposedly enriching classes week after week ..... take a back seat, let your child lead you to what he likes ... "

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home